How does Omega Funds work with acquired portfolio companies?
We focus on building strong relationships with the management teams of our portfolio companies and we work very closely together with the existing and new financing syndicates in creating value for our investors. We also leverage our specialized expertise and extensive healthcare industry relationships through board representation, exit planning, financial analysis and strategic input.
Our strengths include:
Reasons to consider a secondary transaction
- Knowledgeable, experienced strategic input and participation with management teams, syndicates and boards
- Access to substantial amounts of follow-on capital for portfolio companies
- Assessment of strategic opportunities: business development (in- and out-licensing), mergers & acquisitions, financing structures
- Access to our substantial network of strategic relationships in both the healthcare and financial communities across Europe and the US
We are familiar with all of the key issues related to an investor’s decision to exit part or all of its private equity holding(s) or to seek outside capital sources to fund follow-on financings in their portfolio companies. We would welcome the opportunity to have a confidential discussion about any particular situation.
- Generating cash and income from highly illiquid asset(s)
- Returning capital resources to core business objectives
- Right sizing managerial expenses and overhead associated with managing investments
- Reducing or alleviating the need for follow-on capital for existing portfolio companies
- Enabling participation in future growth of the assets through customized transaction structures
- Pursuing a new investment strategy based upon a recycling of capital resources